Join us to discuss member issues and cast your vote
Information about the General Assembly together with an archive of earlier assemblies.
The general assembly takes place during the Autumn Seminars each year. Please see that page for dates and details.
The general assembly is the chance for our member organisations to sit together and discuss issues that concerns them, with the EDA board. Effective members also have the right to vote on the agenda items. Please note that this is not a public event, but only for representatives of the EDA member organisations.
- If an Effective Members has not paid its membership fees for the present year and/or earlier, this member has no vote at the General Assembly of that year.
- According to the Statutes of the EDA the General Assembly will be deemed to be validly constituted if the minimum of 3 Effective Members are present (Article 8).
- The Effective Members can be represented by proxy to another Effective Member attending the GA (Article 8).
- An attendance form, signed by the president/CEO of the represented member organisation, is needed to represent validly a member organisation, unless the president or the Central Executive Officer (Director) it/herself is attending. Every delegate of a member organisation has to produce this appointment letter in written before the opening of the General Assembly. A copy of this nomination has to be sent by eMail to the chairperson of EDA (firstname.lastname@example.org) two weeks before the General Assembly.
- Each Effective association member shall be entitled to speak and vote. Each Adherent association member shall be entitled to speak (Article 9).
- Half of the votes plus one of the votes cast by the Effective associations present or represented by proxy shall suffice for the passing of resolutions (Article 9).
- The Assembly shall give a valid decision only on items included in the agenda (Article 9).
- The legally need formal requirements (proxy form, attendance form, nomination form for election to the Board) for a valid deliberation of the coming General Assembly are attached.
Here are the necessary files and templates for your member organisation:
(new files to be released for the 2022 GA)
General Assembly 2021
The general assembly met online due to the pandemic.
General Assembly 2020
For the first time ever, the GA was held entirely online.
General Assembly 2019The general assembly met during the Autumn Seminars in Växjö, Sweden.
General Assembly 2018
Once again the general assembly met in Munich during the Autumn Seminars
No information yet
General Assembly 2017
The general assembly met at the Autumn Seminars in Munich in 2017.
General Assembly 2016
During EDA conference 2016 in Modena, Italy
No information yet
General Assembly 2015
The general assembly met in Athens, Greece.
General Assembly 2014
See the agenda:
General Assembly 2013
General Assembly 2012
General Assembly 2011
General Assembly September 2011, Würzburg, Germany