- Written by Webmaster
- Hits: 6135
Welcome to San Marino and the EDA Summer Seminars!
Please note. This is a PAST event. For 2016 there is no summer seminars due to the 5th All European Dyslexia Conference
The European Dyslexia Association, in cooperation with the University of San Marino, are pleased to invite you to the coming EDA Summer Seminars which will be held from 18th to 20st of June 2015. The Summer Seminars purpose is to Exchange research, practice and experience. This years theme is:
“Dyslexia in different perspectives”
Confirmed Keynote speakers:
- Professor Åke Olofsson, Umeå University (Sweden)
- Professor Rod Nicolson, University of Sheffield (United Kingdom)
- Professor John Stein, University of Oxford (United Kingdom)
- Gerd Schulte-Körne, University of Munich (Germany)
Target group are researchers, professionals, educational experts, teachers, parents as well as individuals with learning difficulties. Aims are to forge closer contacts and communication, to share research information and good practices for DYS-students, to express DYS-experiences and bring forward any DYS-related problems (in early recognition, education, vocational life, profession, related legal issues and laws, etc.) in the countries of the participants.
- The European Dyslexia Association does not promote/endorse any products or services. Speakers are required to respect this in their presentation.
- Oral presentations and workshops will be delivered in English.
- “Italian Day”: On the third day (20th of June) will be provided translation into English.
- Admission to and participation at the EDA Summer Seminars 2015 is €100. Travel and accommodation must be covered by the participants and speakers themselves.
The fee for the Summer seminars is €100 for the whole conference.
The fee includes 1 lunch, coffee, social dinner and a city tour.
Follow the reports from this years Summer Seminars on Twitter
Objectives of the EDA Community Summer Seminars:
- to provide and exchange information between stakeholders responsible for people with Dyslexia, about future strategies
- to raise questions, perspectives and answers for the creation of a Dyslexia-friendly Europe
- to formulate common strategies in a kind of policy guidelines
- to raise public awareness about the situation of people with Dyslexia
The summer seminars addresses people interested in dyslexia, preferably delegates of European dyslexia associations – (EDA Members).
Admission is €100, travel and accommodation are at charge of the participants.
The 4th EDA Community Summer School was staged successfully from the 6th till 8th of June 2013, in cooperation with the University of San Marino. The EDA-Board decided to rename this event to:“EDA Summer Seminars”
Subscribe to our newsletter so you don't miss out on information when time comes. There is a limited number (90) of seats.
For more information about previous summer seminars, please see the submenues to this page for different years.