- Written by Webmaster
- Hits: 2361
On April 25th, 2015 the Dyslexia Association of Ireland (DAI) hosts a conference in Dublin, Ireland.
DAI’s 2015 European Conference brings together experts from Ireland, the UK and Europe to share current research on dyslexia, with a focus on Innovation in Assessment and Teaching. The event will also include an exhibition area/marketplace featuring relevant companies and products.
- Thérèse McPhillips on “Dyslexia in Ireland: A review of current provision of support since the publication of the Task Force Reports, North and South in 2002”
- Carsten Elbro on “New approaches to long-standing problems” (in the identification of dyslexia)
- Kate Cain on “The language bases of reading comprehension: insights for assessment and instruction”
- Jonathan Solity on “Are Synthetic Phonics Programmes and the Phonics Screen Major Causes of Dyslexia?”
- Pauline Cogan on “Introducing the Trinity Early Screening Test in Reading and Writing (TEST2r)”
Who should attend?
Parents, teachers and other education professionals, psychologists, speech and language therapists, and all those with an interest in dyslexia.